Holy unfurling leaves, Batman! I’m brand new to Oolongs, this is only my third, and each of them have been a unique experience… and I haven’t even gotten into the “good stuff” yet.

Being new to Oolong, I never really have any idea what the descriptions mean, so I’m often flying blind. I understand “scented” easily enough, but I have to ask… scented with what?

The dry leaves, rolled more tightly than anything I’ve ever steeped before, smelled very floral. Jasmine, maybe. It smells wonderful. After steeping, the scent mellows out a bit, and the flavor is kind of nectary. A bit fruity. It’s smooth and soft, and while I am under the impression that Oolongs can be creamier, this is one of the creamiest teas I’ve ever had.

I’ve never kissed a mermaid (merman?) but if the opportunity ever presents itself, I hope it’s like this. (Yeah, I said it.)

JacquelineM

On twitter, A+D said it was lightly scented like an Earl Grey…but I don’t know if that means that it is scented with bergamot or not. I can’t wait to try it for myself and see if that is what I taste :)

cody

Interesting. I never caught that on Twitter. Thanks. I’m not really picking up anything particularly bergamont-like, though… Hmm.

JacquelineM

I think they are being mysterious!

Meghann M

Very mysterious! I caught something somewhere in the description last night that said seaweed. I was hoping it doesn’t taste like seaweed! (does it taste like seaweed)?

Oh Meghann M I hope not!

cody

Not that I’m aware of… but there are all sorts of seaweed. Very few of which I have tasted.

JacquelineM

Excellent detective work teabird!!! Thank you!

cody

Haha… thanks for coming back here to let us know. Mystery solved. :)

TeaEqualsBliss

“Merman! Merman!” Reminds me of Zoolander!!! LOL

cody

That’s what I was going for, lol.

Comments

JacquelineM

JacquelineM

I think they are being mysterious!

Meghann M

Oh Meghann M I hope not!

JacquelineM

Excellent detective work teabird!!! Thank you!

cody

Haha… thanks for coming back here to let us know. Mystery solved. :)

TeaEqualsBliss

“Merman! Merman!” Reminds me of Zoolander!!! LOL

cody

That’s what I was going for, lol.

20-something. Semi-professional baker. Loves black teas and rooibos. Discovering new loves all the time.

I’m a habitually high-rater. Maybe I’m easily-impressed.

90-100 – A – I love these teas, and want to keep them in rotation.

80-89 – B – These teas are good, and I would never turn them down.

70-79 – C – These teas are sort of middle of the road. Drinkable, but would never be my first choice.

60-69 – D – I don’t like these teas, but they are palatable under certain conditions.

0-59 – E – Do. Not. Want.

Ann Arbor, MI