drank Toasted Mate by Adagio Teas

Funny story; I swapped a few teas with Meghann M for some of Adagio’s new mate samples. The next day, I received an order from Adagio (a tasting set) and suddenly remembered that I’d been promised the mate sampler with my next order, after making a comment on Facebook about missing out on that deal. (Tea companies are truly awesome sometimes, don’t you think?)

Well, maybe not so much funny as boring. Anyway. I now have far more mate than anyone should.

This is definitely a new experience for me. I’ve been curious about mate for some time, but I hadn’t any idea what it would taste like. I’m having trouble putting it into words at the moment. Just… toasty. And earthy. And good, but not mind-blowing.

cody

Also, not knowing how to make an accent on the ‘e’ is driving me crazy.

Meghann M

Oh no! I’m sorry we traded for something and you now have double and don’t know if you’ll like it:(. Feel free to look through my cupboard and let me know if I can at least send you some fun new samples to try. 2nd of each is quite a bit of non mind blowing tea! I’d be more than happy to send you something else!

cody

No, it’s cool. I’ll probably just pass along the non-opened ones at some point soon. Honestly, I really don’t need any more tea right now. I just stuck all my favorites in a box, and told myself I can’t have them back until I do something with the pile in the cupboard, lol. So once I figure out which ones I can tolerate, the others must find new homes.

Comments

cody

Also, not knowing how to make an accent on the ‘e’ is driving me crazy.

Meghann M

cody

20-something. Semi-professional baker. Loves black teas and rooibos. Discovering new loves all the time.

I’m a habitually high-rater. Maybe I’m easily-impressed.

90-100 – A – I love these teas, and want to keep them in rotation.

80-89 – B – These teas are good, and I would never turn them down.

70-79 – C – These teas are sort of middle of the road. Drinkable, but would never be my first choice.

60-69 – D – I don’t like these teas, but they are palatable under certain conditions.

0-59 – E – Do. Not. Want.

Ann Arbor, MI