drank Golden Monkey by Adagio Teas

So, I mentioned before that I am currently holding my favorite teas hostage until I work through the massive pile of samples I’ve acquired recently. This is one of the Adagio samples I need to finish to win my goodies back. (You’d be amazed how often I use this sort of technique in my life.)

I like this tea. I don’t love it, and I’m not sure whether my personality keeps changing, or its does… but we have a very complicated relationship. Sometimes it’s super sugary sweet, sometimes it just tastes sort of… musty. I think most would call it “earthy”, but I’ve been noticing “good earthy” and “bad earthy” in my black teas. The bad earthy seems musty to me.

My last cup was very sugary, caramely, and malty. This one is bordering on “earthy” but is still a good balance of the two.

Jaime

Maybe I should try this method to make more room in my cupboard. Especially since I’m thinking I’ll be making another 52teas order soon.

Comments

Jaime

20-something. Semi-professional baker. Loves black teas and rooibos. Discovering new loves all the time.

I’m a habitually high-rater. Maybe I’m easily-impressed.

90-100 – A – I love these teas, and want to keep them in rotation.

80-89 – B – These teas are good, and I would never turn them down.

70-79 – C – These teas are sort of middle of the road. Drinkable, but would never be my first choice.

60-69 – D – I don’t like these teas, but they are palatable under certain conditions.

0-59 – E – Do. Not. Want.

Ann Arbor, MI