Popular Teas from Custom-Adagio TeasSee All 312 Teas
Recent Tasting Notes
Had to begin with a little extra caffeine today…
I love, love, love this tea – but am slightly biased as its creator. :) The smoky flavor is subtle, just like the taste from a campfire after roasting a marshmallow. I always liked to burn my marshmallows to a crisp so that the inside was extra gooey; this tea captures that childhood memory perfectly.
I fixed this tea on Adagio by using just 10 percent of the smoky Lapsang Souchong and the remaining 90 percent split between vanilla oolong and cream black tea. I LOVE how this one turned out! It’s bold, strong, and in-your-face vanilla/cream with a smoky aftertaste, just like a toasted marshmallow.
The original blend was good, but I’m not a big fan of Lapsang Souchong apparently. A subtle smoky flavor – like a marshmallow fresh from the fire – works perfectly. YUM!
One thing – don’t drink before bed or you’ll be wired. :)
I really like how this one turned out! I’m completely biased here, folks, as I am the creator. But I blended this for the first time at home with samples, and then decided to try it here.
I’m not a huge lapsang souchong fan, but the smoky tone works well with the vanilla and cream flavors. The original percentage was 30 percent lapsang souchong to 20 black and 50 vanilla oolong, but I think even 20 percent lapsang souchong would work.
The lapsang souchong is smoky just like a campfire. And the vanilla cream combo tastes like a marshmallow. I’m pretty pleased. :)
P.S. Careful with brewing. I’m not normally too picky about brewing times, but this one can’t go any longer than five mins without tasting bitter and horrid.
I steeped it longer and tried adding milk but I still got nuttin’ in terms of flavour. It isn’t really what I’d call caramel OR creamy, nor is it sweet like I sort of expected this tea to be. In fact there really isn’t much to distinguish this tea from a say, a normal, malty Assam.
Oh well, can’t win every time. :)
Yay for Harry Potter-inspired tea. :D
I was expecting this to have some rum flavouring in the mix but instead this is a mix of caramel, cream, and vanilla. These seem to be fairly standard components of many Adagio custom blends – no offense intended to the blend’s creator.
I think I needed to steep this longer as it’s pretty light-tasting. I can pick up the caramel faintly and possibly a bit of the vanilla if I concentrate, but the black tea base dominates right now. I’m going to give this another try before I rate this tea.
Thank you LiberTeas for this tea sample I was very excited to try it against my Sweet Velvet Fog Signature Blend. It is rather close in flavor but I felt SVF is a little smoother, more caramel in flavor, and a bit richer but don’t get me wrong it is still very good. Just goes to show that it isn’t just about what teas are used in the blending but the percentage too.
Another gift from LiberTEAs! YAY!
You know…it’s so fun…last night I was getting ready for bed and said to myself…self I said…I can’t wait to wake up so I can try more of the teas I got today!!!! Now THAT’s a TEA FREAK considering I am a night owl and not a morning person.
At first sniff after steeping I was thinking this had a buttery type aroma to it but then quickly changed my mind to those Werthers Original Candies…it’s a perfect scent double!
I, too, am a Harry Potter FAN and was excited to try this tea. It’s bold and flavorful and heavy…but in a good way. Robert had a good idea mixing these teas together. They seem to swirl around and work well together.
In the aftertaste the caramel lingers a bit more than the other flavors do but that’s ok with me…and I’m not usually a caramel freak. Well done!