Last Updated: March 5, 2009
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. When we receive proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement as described below, we remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and terminate the accounts of repeat infringers in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement
If you believe that a copyrighted work owned by you is accessible on the Steepster web site in violation of your copyright, you may notify our Designated Agent by electronic mail that contains substantially the following information (please consult your legal counsel or refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Section 512©(3)).
- Identify in sufficient detail the copyrighted work or intellectual property that you claim has been infringed so that we can locate the material. For example, "The copyrighted work that is my content appears on the page with the URL: http://www.mysite.com/abcdefg." If multiple copyrighted works at a single site are covered by your Notification, you may provide a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identify the URL or other specific location on the Steepster website or service that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright described in Item 1 above. You must provide us with reasonably sufficient information to locate the alleged infringing material. For example, "The content at the following URL infringes on my copyright: http://www.steepster.com/abcdefg."
- Provide the electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
- Include a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or law.
- Include a statement by you that the information contained in your Notice is accurate and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- Include your name, mailing address and email address.
You may send your Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement to our Designated Agent by electronic mail as set forth below.
Steepster Designated Copyright Agent
Please note that you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys fees, if you materially misrepresent that content on our website or service is copyright infringing. Filing a false claim constitutes perjury.
Upon receiving a proper Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement as described above, we will remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material and promptly notify the alleged infringer of your claim. We also will advise the alleged infringer of the DMCA statutory Counter Notification procedure described below by which the alleged infringer may respond to your claim and request that we restore this material.
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from our website or service as a result of mistake or misidentification, you may submit to our Designated Agent by electronic mail a Counter Notification pursuant to the DMCA Section 512(g)(2) and (3). To be an effective Counter Notification under the DMCA, your Counter Notification must include substantially the following.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found.
- A statement that you will accept service of process from the party that filed the Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement or the party's agent.
- Your name, address and email address.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
You may submit your Counter Notification to our Designated Agent by electronic mail as set forth below:
Steepster Designated Copyright Agent
If you send us a valid Counter Notification meeting the requirements described above, we will restore your removed or disabled material after 10 business days but no later than 14 business days from the date we receive your Counter Notification, unless our Designated Agent first receives notice from the party filing the original Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement informing us that such party has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the material in question.