It was pretty clear from the package that this tea was NOT for wimps. Oh not from the label, but from the fact that the hermetically sealed foil-lined teabag envelope managed to perfume first my handbag and then the cabinet where it was kept. Good thing I like cardamom (but then again, if I did not, I would not have brought it home). And teabag is filled with an amazing 3.12 gr of tea, this is PG Tips strength territory . The heaviest teabags after that, that i know of, are Mariage Freres with 2.5 gr of tea, but it´s a whole different type of tea. Usual around here is 2 gr per tea bag. And I have bought “gourmet” tea in bags having as little as 1.5 gr in each bag. Here they did not skimp on the tea: 3.12 gr in a tea bag, and it is showed, it brewed strong and nice. Sometimes more is more.

I tried it with some trepidation, and it is much smoother than what I feared. It is, despite the strong cardamom, very british as well underneath the cardamom. But say if you like very british tea and like cardamom, this might be a hit for you

Inconstant tea drinker – I mostly drink tea when not too hot. I hang around steepster much more frequently in (northern hemisphere) cold season.

- Teas -

I like all sorts of tea, flavoured and unflavoured, though I am picky. I am always willing to try anything new. I am now particularly interested in single origins.

I am one of those people who actually loves Lapsang Souchong. I am not crazy about Earl Grey, in general. I don´t quite get Darjeeling teas, but I am trying to make sure …

I like rooibos, though not all bases. I loathe hibiscus. I do not like fennel/liquorice/anise in blends or teas with chicory. I am picky about what I consider true cinnamon.

As you can probably tell from my cupboard, the brands I find more interesting right now are Mariage Fréres,Thé-o-Dor and Yumchaa.

Portugal