drank J.E Oolong Milky by THE O DOR

still loving it as much. Just a small note to add that while I can not bear to throw the leaves away after just one steep, the second steep is never as good as the first – maybe tweaking first brew would change that, but I love the first steep so very very much I am not changing it at all. A definite rebuy, getting to the very bottom edges of the tin.

Barbara

I’ve also considered tweaking the 1st steep, but decided against it because the 1st steep is so brilliant. Due to the brilliancy of the first steep I often find it hard to contend myself with the 2nd – although not distastefull – decidedly lesser steep and toss the leaves. It hurts a bit though, as it makes me feel wasteful…

cteresa

I know the feeling. it helps sort of, if you do not have it just after, I save the leaves for the next day (never had a mold problem. I think water at 70-80 C for a few minutes might not sterilize perfectly but sterilizes enough!). But indeed it´s not as magic as the first, no way you could confuse.

Sometimes I think makes the first steep even more magical and which I never skip with this tea is warming the pot or infuser with really hot water, and dump the tea leaves in the damp warm pot while you warm new water. That bit of time in the warm pot seems to open the leaves, do something magical to the scent before the water even arrives!

Barbara

Oh I’m going to be trying that tomorrow!!

Comments

Barbara

cteresa

Barbara

Oh I’m going to be trying that tomorrow!!

Inconstant tea drinker – I mostly drink tea when not too hot. I hang around steepster much more frequently in (northern hemisphere) cold season.

- Teas -

I like all sorts of tea, flavoured and unflavoured, though I am picky. I am always willing to try anything new. I am now particularly interested in single origins.

I am one of those people who actually loves Lapsang Souchong. I am not crazy about Earl Grey, in general. I don´t quite get Darjeeling teas, but I am trying to make sure …

I like rooibos, though not all bases. I loathe hibiscus. I do not like fennel/liquorice/anise in blends or teas with chicory. I am picky about what I consider true cinnamon.

As you can probably tell from my cupboard, the brands I find more interesting right now are Mariage Fréres,Thé-o-Dor and Yumchaa.

Portugal