My first sip of this and not quite sure what to make of it.

I certainly love it better than the first Nepal black tea I ever had (from david´s tea, a Angrboda sample). This is just smoother, more elegant. But either Nepalese black tea is so different from the teas I usually have I am a bit baffled by them and can´t really judge yet. But will drink my cup with pleasure! And finish that David´s Tea sample (but for once, the one I had before is not the winner. This Shangri La is just better even to newbies like me).

I get the woody and hazelnut notes from the official description – as well as something raisin-esque. Very smooth with just a hint of astringency which IMO is part of the charm.

this sounds really great, I’m looking forward to see you rating next time

cteresa

It is interesting and it´s all packed and ready to send, except not sure I will do it this week – for once November first is not a holiday but there is a transport strike instead and not sure I will be able to send it easily.

And madame, considering not going to rate it! The number is not too important – I am pretty honest about saying I do not like something and what I do not like, the rating I try to balance perceived liking and quality and yes value for money, and besides being harder to do it for kinds of teas I do not know well, I think it might be confusing!

Ysaurella

don’t worry there is no hurry – I am very sick, I have a pneumonia and am unable to work or do a lot of things neither.
I will prepare you teas probably next week if I’m not dead (lol – I am not expecting to die !)

cteresa

Oh, no, pneumonia, poor you, do take care!

And on my account, seriously am in no need of new teas, and on a ruthless mood to finish old teas and samples. Do not worry about sending me teas!

Ysaurella

I’ll do, sure I want to read your reviews :)

cteresa

ah, that I promise, but no hurry, really!

Comments

Ysaurella

this sounds really great, I’m looking forward to see you rating next time

cteresa

Oh, no, pneumonia, poor you, do take care!

Ysaurella

I’ll do, sure I want to read your reviews :)

cteresa

ah, that I promise, but no hurry, really!

Inconstant tea drinker – I mostly drink tea when not too hot. I hang around steepster much more frequently in (northern hemisphere) cold season.

- Teas -

I like all sorts of tea, flavoured and unflavoured, though I am picky. I am always willing to try anything new. I am now particularly interested in single origins.

I am one of those people who actually loves Lapsang Souchong. I am not crazy about Earl Grey, in general. I don´t quite get Darjeeling teas, but I am trying to make sure …

I like rooibos, though not all bases. I loathe hibiscus. I do not like fennel/liquorice/anise in blends or teas with chicory. I am picky about what I consider true cinnamon.

As you can probably tell from my cupboard, the brands I find more interesting right now are Mariage Fréres,Thé-o-Dor and Yumchaa.

Portugal