This is indeed exquisite, and well worth taking extra care with brewing it just right – I would say mineral or filtered water is a must for this tea.

It might be the most bashful, diffident “oh, who me” flavoured tea I ever tasted – in a good way. The osmanthus is definitely there, by visual verification and scent before brewing, but it melds into just delicate tea-ness in the flavour. This is a wonderful very delicate tea. I was expecting something more like the standardish jasmine (green) tea, but it is nothing like any jasmine green tea I ever had.

I got to check about stocking another box of this, while the reseller has it on stock.

Inconstant tea drinker – I mostly drink tea when not too hot. I hang around steepster much more frequently in (northern hemisphere) cold season.

- Teas -

I like all sorts of tea, flavoured and unflavoured, though I am picky. I am always willing to try anything new. I am now particularly interested in single origins.

I am one of those people who actually loves Lapsang Souchong. I am not crazy about Earl Grey, in general. I don´t quite get Darjeeling teas, but I am trying to make sure …

I like rooibos, though not all bases. I loathe hibiscus. I do not like fennel/liquorice/anise in blends or teas with chicory. I am picky about what I consider true cinnamon.

As you can probably tell from my cupboard, the brands I find more interesting right now are Mariage Fréres,Thé-o-Dor and Yumchaa.

Portugal