Not THE Marco Polo, and seriously nothing like it. And the geek in me wants to point out that historically calling this “red” (pu-erhish?) with spices tea after Marco Polo seems a bit more likely than the very french, fruity and refined Mariage Freres blend. This is a little bit more like a silk road in the 14th century drink.

Nice. Be careful with steeping times though or it can get overbrewed in an instant.

200 °F / 93 °C

Inconstant tea drinker – I mostly drink tea when not too hot. I hang around steepster much more frequently in (northern hemisphere) cold season.

- Teas -

I like all sorts of tea, flavoured and unflavoured, though I am picky. I am always willing to try anything new. I am now particularly interested in single origins.

I am one of those people who actually loves Lapsang Souchong. I am not crazy about Earl Grey, in general. I don´t quite get Darjeeling teas, but I am trying to make sure …

I like rooibos, though not all bases. I loathe hibiscus. I do not like fennel/liquorice/anise in blends or teas with chicory. I am picky about what I consider true cinnamon.

As you can probably tell from my cupboard, the brands I find more interesting right now are Mariage Fréres,Thé-o-Dor and Yumchaa.

Portugal