The past few times I brewed this, I thought it tasted really sharp and harsh – almost heartburn inducing. This made me want to toss the whole mix out, since I still have a whole bunch of the two unblended varieties of mint, and I thought the harshness came from mixing them together.

Then I checked the label for each type of mint and realized I’d been oversteeping by at least TWICE the recommended length of time. >_<

So I’ve learned my lesson: try and keep it to a minute, tops. This time it’s been much better, though I did make sure to add a spoonful of honey.

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada