drank Cinnamon Diletto by Della Terra

One thing I’m noticing in my cupboard is a relative lack of caffeine-free blends. So when Kaylee offered this up in a swap after not enjoying this tea, I snapped it up.

Others have said that this tastes like a piece of cinnamon gum. I’ve had others teas that bring up this flavour more strongly (specifically Teavana’s Samurai Chai Oolong/Maharajah Chai blend), but it’s still pretty evident here.

The thing is, I don’t think of it as a drawback. I want a sweet tea for when I’m craving dessert, one which won’t make me stay up late, and this one fits the bill nicely.

The cinnamon and rooibos meld well here. At first sip, it was quite woody, so I added some lemon-infused honey to sweeten and round it out, and it works out. It’s got a bit of a peppery aftertaste, too – not sure where it’s coming from.

All in all, a good tea for the evening.

Many thanks to Kaylee for this sample. I’m glad that it’s found a home!

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada