drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

Saturday Sample Sipdown #2!

Today’s a day to get things done – the sun is shining, the laundry’s in the wash, there’s a fresh breeze blowing, and my mother is baking bread for Easter. What better tea to drink and take a pause to reflect on things amidst all the hubbub?

This tea smells like strawberry jam. There’s no better way to put it. Unfortunately, the strawberry taste recedes a bit when the tea cools. However, I can taste it slightly on the back of my tongue after I sip. Ahh. I’ve learned that shorter steep times work much better for French blends – hopefully I can apply the lesson to my Nina’s teas.

Many thanks to Indigobloom for giving me a sample of this to try!

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
gmathis

Sounds so pleasant! I washed all the throw rugs today and it was such a good feeling to hang them out on the line. You win, though, with the fresh bread; I just sent hubby to Food 4 Less for sweet rolls :)

Christina

Hehe, it’s my mother who bakes it, not me. I really should learn the recipe though. It’s an egg bread rolled up into several layers, and crumbled feta cheese is sprinkled around between each layer. The whole thing is then baked and topped with a sprinkling of sesame and poppy seeds.

gmathis

Yum! Weather looks pretty promising today, too…your review is teasing me to try Marco Polo iced this afternoon.

Comments

gmathis

Christina

gmathis

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada