I finished off my sample packet with some gaiwan brewing today. Didn’t track the times for each steep much, but I did use near 100C water and gave the leaves a quick rinse before the first steep.
The first steep was really sweet, but in an unpleasant metallic way, as if someone had added stevia to the mix. The third and fourth steeps were the best, where I got the nicest mix of oolong base and flavouring. However, by the end it was becoming a tad astringent. This is surprising, as the leaves had barely begun to unfurl by the final (6th or 7th) steep.
Not for me, I guess. But it was an educational tea all the same.