drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

Backlog from yesterday:

A few days ago I bought a set of tea from Davids, but when I got home I realized that one of the teas was missing from the set. When I went back to the store yesterday to get an exchange, they let me have my to-go cup of this (which I was planning to pay for) for free!

Anyways, this smelled nice and caramelly when it brewed, but I have to say that I didn’t taste much caramel in the sip. The base seems like the black base they use for a lot of their teas – Read My Lips, Love Tea #7, etc – which I don’t mind, but I really wanted more caramel sweetness to show up. Ah well – free tea!

Indigobloom

Free tea wheeeeee! :P

Comments

Indigobloom

Free tea wheeeeee! :P

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada