My aunt and uncle came over today, and when I asked them what tea they wanted, they told me to suprise them. So why not surprise myself too with something I haven’t tried yet?

This is very spicy and full of cinnamon. However, there was a taste of earth in the leaf that I wasn’t sure how I felt about. I’d LOVE to try making this with boiling milk, though, like others have tried with this tea. I bet that would be amazing.

Note: this tea doesn’t do quite so well on the resteep. It’s a bit weak.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

Updated February 2014:

I’m a writer and editor who’s fallen for loose-leaf tea hard. Within a year of joining Steepster, I’ve spent at least $500 on tea, and gotten a whole bunch in swaps! At this point I’ve got a better handle on what I like and dislike, but I’m sure that there will always be more to discover.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger, Ceylons, Chinese blacks.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: pu’er teas.

I rarely score teas anymore, but if I do, here’s the system I follow:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada