drank Vanilla Mint by Golden Moon Tea

Today’s the day I start my new freelance gig!

I decided to drink this because I really need to stop hoarding teas that I have a decent amount of, like this one.

The first time I tried it, I thought the blend of vanilla and mint was quite smooth. This time, I’m getting less vanilla and more mint, probably because I oversteeped it. As a result, I’m tasting that harsh, chemical taste I often associate with peppermint. So, a word to the wise: don’t oversteep this (4 minutes is enough). It could probably also use some sweetener to mellow things out.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML
Veronica

Congratulations and good luck!

caile

mj

Good luck!

Comments

Veronica

Congratulations and good luck!

caile

mj

Good luck!

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada