drank Demain by Nina's Paris

I tried this tea this morning using Lala’s recommended steeping parameters: 1 tsp per 8 oz, 87C, 1.5 minute steep, with a little bit of sweetener added.

This resulted in a very mild, light cup of tea. The green tea base was a lot less noticeable this time, though I didn’t sense the berry flavours taking over the way I hoped they would. I do like this, though. I might stick with these steeping instructions, as the tea was very smooth. However, I did really like it that one time I brewed it and the aftertaste reminded me of fruit rollups. Hmmm…

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada