I got this in a swap from Jude a few weeks back.

I’ve never had yuzu before, so I don’t know what to make of it in this blend. Yuzu is a citrus, but I really don’t taste or smell any citrus. Instead, I smell something kind of musty and smoky – kind of like fruit, but not quite. Also, it’s slightly salty.

I’m sorry, but I couldn’t even finish a single cup of this. I don’t think it’s for me. I like sencha, and fruit flavoured kinds, but this is hard for me to get a grip on.

Jude

Whoa, surprised and bummed that you didn’t like it; sorry bout that!

Christina

No worries. There is something I like about the smell – I just wish I could identify it!

Comments

Jude

Whoa, surprised and bummed that you didn’t like it; sorry bout that!

Christina

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada