drank The Earl's Garden by DAVIDsTEA

I just really need something warm going down my throat. It’s aching even more, especially on the right side, and I’m also sensing a sharp shooting pain from my throat down to near my sternum. This probably isn’t good, is it?

Anways, this tea seems a bit less floral and more bergamot-y today. I don’t hate bergamot, so this is fine.

Angrboda

Have you seen your doctor about it? If it’s a virus he can’t do anything about it, but if it’s bacterial you’ll want some sort of antibiotic. If it hurts that far down your body, you should at least have it confirmed that it’s not turning into bronchitis or pneumonia.

Comments

Angrboda

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada