I just really need something warm going down my throat. It’s aching even more, especially on the right side, and I’m also sensing a sharp shooting pain from my throat down to near my sternum. This probably isn’t good, is it?

Anways, this tea seems a bit less floral and more bergamot-y today. I don’t hate bergamot, so this is fine.

Angrboda

Have you seen your doctor about it? If it’s a virus he can’t do anything about it, but if it’s bacterial you’ll want some sort of antibiotic. If it hurts that far down your body, you should at least have it confirmed that it’s not turning into bronchitis or pneumonia.

Comments

Angrboda

Updated March 2016:

I’m a writer and editor who’s fallen in love with loose-leaf tea. I’ve also set up a site for tea reviews at http://www.booksandtea.ca – an excellent excuse to keep on buying and trying new blends. There will always be more to discover!

In the meantime, since joining Steepster in January 2014, I’ve gotten a pretty good handle on my likes and dislikes

Likes: Raw/Sheng pu’erh, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger, Ceylons, Chinese blacks, rooibos.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender, really vegetal green teas, shu/ripe pu’erh.

Things I generally decide on a case-by-case basis: Oolong, white teas.

Still need to do my research on: matcha

I rarely score teas anymore, but if I do, here’s the system I follow:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada