drank The Earl's Garden by DAVIDsTEA

I just really need something warm going down my throat. It’s aching even more, especially on the right side, and I’m also sensing a sharp shooting pain from my throat down to near my sternum. This probably isn’t good, is it?

Anways, this tea seems a bit less floral and more bergamot-y today. I don’t hate bergamot, so this is fine.

Angrboda

Have you seen your doctor about it? If it’s a virus he can’t do anything about it, but if it’s bacterial you’ll want some sort of antibiotic. If it hurts that far down your body, you should at least have it confirmed that it’s not turning into bronchitis or pneumonia.

Comments

Angrboda

Updated February 2014:

I’m a writer and editor who’s fallen for loose-leaf tea hard. Within a year of joining Steepster, I’ve spent at least $500 on tea, and gotten a whole bunch in swaps! At this point I’ve got a better handle on what I like and dislike, but I’m sure that there will always be more to discover.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger, Ceylons, Chinese blacks.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: pu’er teas.

I rarely score teas anymore, but if I do, here’s the system I follow:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada