drank Carrot Cake by Della Terra Teas

GCTTB3

As soon as I smelled this tea, I knew I was going to set it aside in my “to sample” pile. I normally don’t eat carrot cake, but the cinnamony, nutmeggy, cream-cheesy goodness of this was almost impossible to ignore. And since I’m still working on projects in the basement, this seemed like the perfect dessert pick-me-up.

The flavours are not as strong in the cup as I expected, but I have to admit I’m not sure how I would have felt about a big ol’ mug of cream cheese frosting. This smells sooo good though, and I added some agave nectar to amp up the sweetness, which I think was a good call. Unfortunately, it appears that Della Terra no longer offers this blend, so I’m glad I got a chance to try it before it disappeared!

Boiling 6 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Ost

Oh I got a sample of this a couple orders ago. Wasn’t my favorite. If you want I could send ya the rest. It’s going in my swap box anyway. But really, if you’re interested, hit me up!

Christina

Ooh, cool! I’ll send you a PM.

Comments

Ost

Christina

Ooh, cool! I’ll send you a PM.

I’m a writer and editor who, after years of bagged-tea purgatory, has finally seen the light and glory of loose-leaf teas. I’m still just starting my journey, as it’s been only in the last 2 years that I’ve started drinking loose-leaf tea, and only in the past few months that I’ve been trying different varieties in earnest.

Likes: Green tea, sobacha, fruit flavours, masala chais, jasmine, mint, citrus, ginger.

Dislikes (or at least generally disinclined towards): Hibiscus, rosehip, chamomile, licorice, lavender.

Things I’m on the fence about: Oolong, vanilla (I prefer it mixed with black teas or rooibos rather than green tea), white teas.

Still need to do my research on: unflavoured black teas, pu’er teas.

For those interested, here’s my scoring system, though I don’t score teas as often as I used to:

100-85: A winner!
84-70: Pretty good. This is a nice, everyday kind of tea.
69-60: Decent, but not up to snuff.
59-50: Not great. Better treated as an experiment.
49-0: I didn’t like this, and I’m going to avoid it in the future. Blech.

Toronto, ON, Canada