It’s a very strong and flavorful tea. I like my tea full flavored so usually full recommended steeping time works for me but 6 minutes makes this tea very malty, almost bitter even though I rinse my tea all the time. Not something that necessarily works in the morning taste-wise, but wakes you up just right. Has a very distinct honey aftertaste. 3 steeps is what I get from this tea and second and third steeps are completely different from the first one, very light and delicious tea, almost sweet. As long as you can play with the first steep just to get it right to your taste it’s a highly recommended tea.

LucLPN

How much tea do you use per 8oz and how long are your 2nd and 3rd steeps? And how different do they come out?

Daniil

Just saw your comment so sorry for later response.

I think it’s always better to put more tea and steep it shorter time especially if you’re interested in different flavors. Assam really seems to have a punch a first time so perhaps keeping it around 2-3 mins with 1.5-2 teaspoons should be sufficient, after you can be less strict, once the initial bitterness is gone I got refined flavors (I’d say around 5mins and 7mins for consequent).

Regardless you will need to adjust it to your tastes, needless to say.

LucLPN

Thank you Daniil for your recommendation and I would like to apologize for not thanking you earlier… I forgot I had asked you this question. :/

Next time I brew this tea I’ll try what you suggested. Again, thank you!

Daniil

Haha, no worries, glad I could help.

Comments

LucLPN

Daniil

Just saw your comment so sorry for later response.

Regardless you will need to adjust it to your tastes, needless to say.

LucLPN

Next time I brew this tea I’ll try what you suggested. Again, thank you!

Daniil

Haha, no worries, glad I could help.

I was always a huge fan of teas but my tastes changed constantly. Lately I am on the path of discovering Chinese teas, but not limiting myself to that. I am, however, favoring straight teas at this point.

I love pu-erh, oolongs are always a treat, learning about greens is delicious, absolutely neutral towards rooibos or herbals and black is always a yes. Incidentally any combination of the above is ok in a blended tea, which I like to have time to time.

« The first cup kisses away my thirst,
and my loneliness is quelled by the second.
The third gives insight worthy of ancient scrolls,
and the fourth exiles my troubles.
My body becomes lighter with the fifth,
and the sixth sends word from immortals.
But the seventh—oh the seventh cup—
if I drink you, a wind will hurry my wings
toward the sacred island. »