drank Lavender Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

MATCHA MADNESS DAY has sadly ended and I’m out of new match to try….that is, until my new order arrives!!!! I saved Lavender for last as I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I ordered Robust flavor since I love Lavender. I probably should have started with Delicate, but I’m not one to think about things too much. This matcha smells of heavy lavender – hence ordering robust.
My first impression of this matcha… I opened up the pouch, preparing it for the tin that will keep it fresh. The small size fits perfect in the tin with a little wiggle room…enough to be able to get the measuring spoon in. I wanted to put this in a sachet under my pillow and have sweet lavender dreams. I cannot get enough of that soothing lavender scent. I had thought that this might be a good soothing matcha before bed. I’m tempted to make a facial mask from it!
I always make sure to warm up my bowl and chasen under a bit under water, sitting in the bowl. My matcha does not cool down as fast when warming the bowl. All items ready…bowl, chasen, matcha, water and my sifter!
First I mixed 2 oz of water with about 3/4 perfect teaspoon of matcha. I was doubting my decision to order Robust on this one so held back on adding a full teaspoon until I could see if I could drink it. Once that was properly mixed I added a bit of sugar (sorry, can’t do without a touch of it) and 7 oz of water. Oh boy, I couldn’t get past the first sip. This matcha was so bitter. I definitely screwed up ordering Robust. I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to go Delicate….DELICATE!!!! I couldn’t try and fix it as it was so bitter I just didn’t know what to do. I’m going to try again tomorrow and add less matcha with more water. I will love this matcha somehow!
The smell of this matcha once mixed with water stayed the same, a robust lavender. I would recommend Delicate when ordering this for the first time. I might even try it with a white matcha. The quality of the actual matcha is very good. This is definitely one you need to try for yourself.
In the current flavor I would not order this again. I’m going to play around with this more. A latte might not be the best route for lavender but iced might. If all else fails, I will lather myself in it…and smell mighty fine!
Here is how I ordered my Lavender Matcha from Red Leaf Tea:
Size: Small
Quality: Starter (Basic Grade)
Flavor: Robust
Storage: Air tight refill flat pouch – would definitely recommend purchasing a tin for your matcha to keep it fresh. I did not order one this time since I already had a tin.
To try Lavender Matcha from Red Leaf Tea visit here:

I’m not going to rate this right now since I feel ordering Robust was my fault, but wanted to make sure others know that this is a naturally robust flavor so order delicate.

175 °F / 79 °C
Azzrian

Just a tip which may or may not help but try whisking even MORE if its bitter. Hope it works!

darby

Thanks Azz! I’ll try that tomorrow if I encounter the same problem.

Azzrian

Cool :) Hope it works!! :)