drank Strawberry Snow Creme by Teavana

My first tea from the 12 HoliDays collection! I picked the order that I’m going to drink them according to what I “thought” would be my favorite. I have to say I was pretty disappointed in this tea.

The dry leaves smell of heavenly strawberry and cream. After steeping the liquid smells identical to the dry leaves. The color is a nice dark pink color.

Unfortunately that is where the excitement ends. The tea tastes completely of the hibiscus. There is a slight taste of strawberry afterward, but not enough to really say there’s strawberry in there. I also found it extremely tart. I don’t mind hibiscus tea, but this one was advertised as strawberry so I think that should be the first note I detect.

Too bad, this tea could’ve been a hit! Possibly if they adjusted the blend to have less hibiscus it might work. I might mix this with an oolong or something or try iced as I have enough for about a 16oz cup left.

So, this will not be added to my I NEED IT list!

Azzrian

Bummer the name of the flavor sounds amazing! Too bad it didn’t live up to the name!

KeenTeaThyme

Hibiscus ruins so many teas. What a bummer – this one did sound promising!

Claire

I feel like a lot of the Teavana herbals/flavored teas I’ve tried have been heavily hibiscus-flavored. Someone over at corporate must love it.

KeenTeaThyme

@Claire – and not care that consumers don’t! LOL – I think you’ve solved that riddle…

Claire

Just call me Sherlock. ;)

femocakes

I suspect the ‘new’ Strawberry Cream tea is actually a repackaged, marginally adjusted version of this tea because I’ve had the same experience with that tea that you describe here. To a T. Hibiscus everywhere with a somewhat artificial strawberry aftertaste. The colour and smell is to die for. The flavour? Not so much. Sadly, most of the strawberry offerings from Teavana are sore misses for me :(

Comments

Azzrian

KeenTeaThyme

Hibiscus ruins so many teas. What a bummer – this one did sound promising!

Claire

Just call me Sherlock. ;)

femocakes