Last hawkband1 sample to try, I have all of them to keep! I’ve always wanted to try a dan cong from Bitterleaf, and I’ve wanted to try their hong chas. Thanks to hawkband1, I get to try it.

I’m not sure if this is the higher grade leaf, but I think it might be the regular one based on the image. I’m not too picky about leaf grade and I love me some Dan Cong especially if it is from a good source.

Gong fu as instructed on the website, maybe less leaf. The honey taste and fragrance was strong on this one with the orchid floral, some definite fruitiness that leans more towards apricot and grape than grapefruit. The grapefruit is still there. Who knows, imaginary approximations are always fun. Second steep had a honey-oatmeal like taste that I thought was pretty coal. I don’t always get oat notes and they are fairly welcomed.

This was a pretty typical Dan Cong, but a high quality one. I think I’d let a newbie try, but this is for someone trying oolongs for oolongs specifically.

hawkband1

It’s the regular grade of the two. Glad you liked them. And wow! you went through those samples quickly. I’m about to try the Autumn Warmth.

Daylon R Thomas

I still have each left over. I was craving each of them lol

Comments

hawkband1

Daylon R Thomas

I still have each left over. I was craving each of them lol

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong
Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co. Yu Shan, Stone Table Alishan, Dong Ding, and Dayuling
Berylleb Dayuling
The best coconut/pineapple oolong I can find
The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
Drunken Green Dragon J-Tea
My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU student studying to become a high school social studies and history teacher with a minor in anthropology. I unfortunately dropped the anthropology minor, but I am and will continue to be an anthropologist as well as a historian. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now have a better idea of the teas I absolutely prefer. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA