drank Nepal Black by DAVIDsTEA

Evol sample, thank you!

I wondered if this was right since the tips were more gold making me wonder if it was a union, but the dry cocoa powder and peach seed smell of the leaves make me feel otherwise. Like I said before, Nepal needs more love. This is a good case as to why and was a good pick for me.

I brewed gong fu and the qualities were closer to a Yunnan black in a mega powdery cocoa mouth feel and taste with a dried and roasted fruit finish. It reminds me of a Darjeeling in the dryness, but since I’ve had Nepalese teas before, it’s really a Nepal dryness that I associate with the terroir. Picking up a bit of a honey aftertaste as well. Malty overall, and a bit dry, but very pleasant.

Evol Ving Ness

Excellent. I’m feeling very self-congratulatory now following my own instincts on this. If we ever do another swap, I’ll just ignore your specific preferences, beyond general guidelines, of course, altogether and send you things that I think you should try, just because.

Evol Ving Ness

I’m glad you liked this one.

Daylon R Thomas

You know I like to try new things. :) I could not drink all these blacks all the time though. Oolongs are easier for me to power than blacks though I can handle around two hong cha sessions in a given day. I think that might decrease with time. Some greens can be way harder though.

Evol Ving Ness

One oolong can be an all day long thing for me. Blacks are less of a commitment: two steeps and I’m done, most of the time. I can be a bit fickle too, going through my phases of mostly this or mostly that.

Evol Ving Ness

You know I am teasing you.

Comments

Evol Ving Ness

Evol Ving Ness

I’m glad you liked this one.

Daylon R Thomas

Evol Ving Ness

You know I am teasing you.

First Off, Current Targets:
Taiwan Sourcing Luxurious Jade Sampler (FRICKIN’ PRICEY)
Taiwan Sourcing Longhan Nectar Red Oolong
Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co. Yu Shan, Stone Table Alishan, Dong Ding, and Dayuling
Berylleb Dayuling
The best coconut/pineapple oolong I can find
The best Alishan and or Lishan for the best price
The best Jade Oolong Period.
Drunken Green Dragon J-Tea
My wish list is fairly accurate though it is broad.

Current Favorites:

Dayuling

Beautiful Taiwan Tea Co.:
“Old Style” Dong Ding

Me:

I am an MSU student studying to become a high school social studies and history teacher with a minor in anthropology. I unfortunately dropped the anthropology minor, but I am and will continue to be an anthropologist as well as a historian. I love to read, write, draw, paint, sculpt, fence(with a sword), workout, relax, and drink a cuppa tea…or twenty.

I’ve been drinking green and black teas ever since I was little living in Hawaii with a dominant Eastern Asian influence. I’ve come a long way since I began on steepster and now have a better idea of the teas I absolutely prefer. Any tea that is naturally creamy, fruity, or sweet without a lot of added flavoring ranks as a must have for me. I also love black teas and dark oolongs with the elusive “cocoa” note. My favorites are lighter Earl Greys, some white teas like What-Cha’s Kenyan offerings, most Hong-Cha’s, darker Darjeelings, Green Shan Lin Xi’s, and Greener Dong Dings. I’m in the process of trying Alishan’s. I also tend to really enjoy Yunnan Black or Red teas and white teas. I’m pickier with other teas like chamomile, green teas, and Masalas among several.

I used to give ratings, but now I only rate teas that have a strong impression on me. If I really like it, I’ll write it down.

I’ll enjoy a tea almost no matter what, even if the purpose is more medicinal, for it is my truest vice and addiction.

Michigan, USA