drank Sour Apple by Adagio Teas

(sweetened with rock sugar)

So I wanted a tea to drink tonight, and I started digging through my Golden Moon sampler…. but everything had caffeine! Troublesome.

I had picked up this one as a sampler from Adagio, but had been ignoring my Adagio samplers after a series of disappointments. Well, you’ll never know if you don’t try!

It certainly smells like apples when dry, and the teas that I didn’t like from Adagio were flavored blacks, and this actually has apple CHUNKS in it. That’s a promising sign!

The taste is surprisingly well balanced. WOW. It’s not too sweet or too tart, it’s just right. I know some folks don’t like hibiscus, and it’s there, but just as a background note. The melody is certainly the apple and cranberry (pretty equally).

I think the apple is one of the milder apple varieties and not the super tart Granny Smith, but it’s a good compliment to the cranberry and hibiscus. It’s a very good blend!

I’m definitely going to reorder this one!

teaplz

Sound nommy! Can’t wait till you try those GM teas! :D

denisend

Yah, it’s just going to have to be a weekend thing, since I can’t have caffeine after work if I want to sleep at night, and the water at work isn’t hot enough for blacks. I could take my tea steeper for some of the greens, though…