(backlogging)

Since I’m in a hotel, I can’t prepare chai the traditional way (no stovetop). A friend suggested that I try this as an alternative.

It was okay, not spectacular (didn’t compare at all with making chai with actual tea leaves and spices!).

I had a migraine, so I “got” to taste it again an hour later. Now I can’t stand to look at it. I don’t want to rate it because of that. I’ll try again in a few days.

Cofftea

Have you tried Trader Joe’s version? YUM! I’ll take a mix over a concentrate any day although this is good. My favorite cafe/ice cream shop uses it.

denisend

No. The only reason I was trying a concentrate is that I don’t have a stovetop in the hotel room. The town I"m in right now is pretty much the middle of no where – there’s no Trader Joes. I’m pretty much limited to what’s at Walmart.

I bought another chai mix – a powder…Pacific Chai. We’ll see how that goes.

Cofftea

Yeah a powder is what I mean when I say mix. I’m 2 hrs from a Trader Joe’s on a daily basis myself so I drink Pacific’s version when I’m too lazy to make my own. The texture is different from the stove top version but I find the flavor just as good.

LENA

poor denisend…your quest for a good chai while traveling is not going well. i’ve had this one before (in the powder form) and it was SUPER sweet…not great by any means but not god awful.

S

Hope you’re feeling better…
I thought this concentrate was pretty good mixed with the Tazo chai concentrate…the Tazo is more “chai” like and balances out the cane sugar taste of the Oregon chai.

denisend

Shanti – interesting idea, but I didn’t find the Tazo chai at the store. Oh well.
Lena – yeah, the last one (I’m about to log) is a little better.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Hope you feel better today, denisend.

Cofftea

denisend, are you near a walmart? My walmart has tazo. A Starbucks store might also have it.

Comments

Cofftea

denisend

I bought another chai mix – a powder…Pacific Chai. We’ll see how that goes.

LENA

S

Hope you’re feeling better…

denisend

Lena – yeah, the last one (I’m about to log) is a little better.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Hope you feel better today, denisend.

Cofftea

Engineer. Lives with her cats and husband. Likes fruity tisanes most of all, but willing to try anything.

southern Maryland