drank Chai Rooibos by Yogi Tea

Sent a few bags to Mr. Bednar without trying it myself first.

It’s fine, nothing special and not worth the sometimes steep prices Yogi teas can fetch. I smell it all, I taste it all — rooibos, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, clove (barely on swallow), stevia. Despite the nose-burning spice of the dry bag it’s not spicy in taste. It’s not initially sweet but much later after a swig the stevia comes out as a kind of superficial sweet slickness lining my mouth. The brew is watery. Another meh by Yogi.

Martin: my bag tag says, “In life, don’t create just an impression, create a trust.” What?? On some level I get it but it’s so vague, kind of like Yogi teas themselves. Anybody want to enlighten me because I feel I’ve failed, haha.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML
Martin Bednář

Yeah, their quotes sometimes hit the nail on the head. But sometimes they are weird or vague. Their blends sounds in theory usually so tast, nice packaging; but they should focus on teas I guess.

gmathis

Taking a mental inventory, but I don’t think I’ve ever liked a Yogi tea. Always far too slick and sweet, as you’ve mentioned here.

Eelong

Never had a Yogi that I’ve liked, either. They go way too hard with the stevia and licorice root. I feel like Yogi makes blends that are meant to appeal to people who have deprived themselves of sweets for years and have forgotten what caramel or mocha or whatever actually tastes like.

Martin Bednář

I kind of enjoyed Yogi (but European version) with name “Positive energy”. But I rated it “only” 75/100.

Comments

Martin Bednář

gmathis

Eelong

No Sugar Added!

Tea habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Wuyi yancha, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbal tisanes. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags.

California, USA