drank Fruit Salad Lemonade by Cuppa Geek

Advent Day 5, From the Depths of the Grab Bag.

I liked the smell coming from the packet. It was interesting, very floral and blueberry.

“[Dry contents] smells like perfume in a good way. [Brewed] smells like soap.

sip Oh my GAWD… what is that?! Oh my god, I’ve never tasted anything like this. a series of small coughs Oh I dunno. lots of laughing Eeeuuauugh. Oh — my god! I don’t know if I can drink that! I can’t recommend that! lots of laughing It’s almost like drinking vomit. Does this have rose hips in it? Sometimes they can taste like vomit. Hibiscus can do that, too. 1/10."

She obviously didn’t finish her cup, so I scavenged her mug for some sips. The brew was a velvety indigo from all the butterfly pea flowers in the blend. Her sample packet came with a bunch. I thought it smelled pretty good, like tangy-sweet blueberry and flowers. It was indeed acrid in the back of the mouth (too much hibiscus), but this really interesting aftertaste bloomed large that reminded me of something and I couldn’t figure it out. Candy necklaces or those sweet white candy Fun Dip sticks, but it was also tart and floral and fruity. Was that the mix of blueberries with strawberry and wild cherry flavors? I also tasted quite a bit of lemongrass, which isn’t listed in the ingredients (whoopsie?). I didn’t think it was necessarily bad and it was fun to sip lightly. Maybe it needs sugar.

Obviously don’t approach this one if you don’t like hibiscus.

Leafhopper

LOL! I love your housemate’s reviews!

Comments

Leafhopper

LOL! I love your housemate’s reviews!

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA