Thank you Dustin for sending this across the bay! This might be my favorite of the three Laponic teas I’ve tried.

Cooked cranberry aroma that’s mellow and deep with a tangy high tone, a bit of rosemary. The tea is full-bodied, brothy and lightly brisk. The heft of the flavor is from the black teas, contributing oak wood and a touch of earth. Equal measures cranberry and rosemary are layered seamlessly throughout. Using cranberry flavor I can understand but also rosemary flavor instead of the leaf? Maybe the leaf is naturally too overpowering to create the desired effect. There is also another layer to the tea that takes me a moment to notice, an airy quality maybe contributed by the oak moss flavoring, maybe also by the elderflowers and dried poppy petals. The airiness carries through into the aftertaste with subtle minerals and a bit of cool rosemary, leaving a gentle feeling of being refreshed.

I’ve really enjoyed sampling the Laponic white, green and black teas. They’re very focused on the essence of northern environments — very natural woodsy aromas and tastes.

Flavors: Broth, Cranberry, Earth, Herbs, Mineral, Oak, Smooth, Tangy, Wet Moss, Wet Wood

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 15 sec 3 g 10 OZ / 300 ML
ashmanra

That sounds lovely!

Comments

ashmanra

That sounds lovely!

Tea Habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbals, Wuyi yancha. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags. Hold the milk and sugar unless we’re talking masala chai.

In my late teens, home-brewed unsweetened Lipton iced tea was the drink of choice to combat cottonmouth. The following years saw the appearance of the odd box of tea from Trader Joe’s. About 4 years ago, walking out of the parking garage where I kept my motorcycle, I came across a move-out dumpster treasure: single serve packets of what I can look back now and say was Wuyi yancha. Yes, I drank dumpstered tea and honestly, that’s what blew the doors wide open.

Preference Reference
“That’s just, like, your opinion, man.”

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again. Some could be great daily drinkers.

59-1: Lacking several elements, strangely clunky, possesses off flavors/aroma/texture or something about it makes me not want to finish.

Character Rundown:

Boring pandemic hermit whose only current hobbies besides tasting tea are skateboarding and learning herbalism. Will update as the times change.

Sonoma County, California, USA