I had aimed for 3g:300mL. For some reason today there’s a sense of haste within. I mean, I know why: the woes of womanhood and an ear infection on the mend have left me lazy and unaccomplished on my days off. I finally emerged from my cave and made breakfast and tea before the clock struck Finite Noon, that demarcation in the day where if I had not yet shuffled, the entire day might have been lost to frump. I looked at the kettle and deemed the water level ‘enough’ but once poured, it ended up being only 200mL. No fear! Thick and glassy, juicy with beautiful layered astringency that leaves my mouth watering. Just beautiful and clean! Malty-tangy straw-salt and autumn leaf-tamarind, toasted almond, spicy earth, tea rose-geranium-lemongrass floral, delicate red grape aftertaste. Cool, relaxed. Relaxed? Ah yes. Now off to get bloodwork.

Flavors: Almond, Autumn Leaf Pile, Earth, Geranium, Grapes, Lemongrass, Malt, Rose, Salt, Spicy, Straw, Tangy, Thick

ashmanra

Hope you start perking up soon!

Kawaii433

Owwie (ear infection). Feel better soon, Derk!

derk

My ear had an intimate encounter with a q-tip. Lesson learned. I’m fine, thanks for your well wishes.

mrmopar

Hope you feel better soon!

White Antlers

Glad all is well. A few years ago, I had to take myself to Urgent Care because the cotton end of a q-tip got ‘lost’ in my ear. : (

J-P

Good luck with getting that cleared up. Filling up with Ruby Gold sounds like a nice start whatever time of the day.

Comments

ashmanra

Hope you start perking up soon!

Kawaii433

Owwie (ear infection). Feel better soon, Derk!

derk

mrmopar

Hope you feel better soon!

White Antlers

J-P

Tea Habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbals, Wuyi yancha. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags. Hold the milk and sugar unless we’re talking masala chai.

In my late teens, home-brewed unsweetened Lipton iced tea was the drink of choice to combat cottonmouth. The following years saw the appearance of the odd box of tea from Trader Joe’s. About 4 years ago, walking out of the parking garage where I kept my motorcycle, I came across a move-out dumpster treasure: single serve packets of what I can look back now and say was Wuyi yancha. Yes, I drank dumpstered tea and honestly, that’s what blew the doors wide open.

Preference Reference

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again. Some could be great daily drinkers.

59-1: Lacking several elements, strangely clunky, possesses off flavors/aroma/texture or something about it makes me not want to finish.

Character Rundown:

Boring pandemic hermit whose only current hobbies besides tasting tea are skateboarding and learning herbalism. Will update as the times change.

Sonoma County, California, USA