drank Pretty in Pink by Cuppa Geek

I’m getting around to having a cup of this myself. The last time I tasted this was when I had a few sips from Kiki’s advent grab bag cup. It was very subtle. This is clearly a fresh batch that I ordered.

The dry goods smell so fruity and sweet. It’s all clumpy and sticky fun. I used to laugh at Kiki’s descriptor of strawberry jello for these CuppaGeek teas but I totally get it in the aroma here. The body in this batch is noticeable, almost syrupy but the mineral-acidic quality of the green rooibos with hibiscus keeps the cloy at bay. It does taste like the smell of hot strawberry jello liquid. Appley. Yum.

Flavors: Apple, Grass, Mineral, Pleasantly Sour, Raspberry, Strawberry

gmathis

This one tastes best in a teacup with flowers on it. :)

derk

I can imagine. The frilly tea cups are lacking in this house but maybe the Mexican-crafted hibiscus punch mug will finally get a christening with this.

DrowningMySorrows

I thought Pretty in Pink smelled like the strawberry instant oatmeal I loved as a kid.

Comments

gmathis

This one tastes best in a teacup with flowers on it. :)

derk

DrowningMySorrows

Tea Habits:

Among my favorites are sheng puerh, Taiwanese oolong, a variety of black (red) teas from all over, all teas Nepali, herbals, Wuyi yancha. I keep a few green and white teas on hand. Shou puerh is a cold weather brew. Tiny teapots and gaiwans are my usual brewing vessels when not preparing morning cups western style and pouring into my work thermos. Friend of teabags. Hold the milk and sugar unless we’re talking masala chai.

In my late teens, home-brewed unsweetened Lipton iced tea was the drink of choice to combat cottonmouth. The following years saw the appearance of the odd box of tea from Trader Joe’s. About 4 years ago, walking out of the parking garage where I kept my motorcycle, I came across a move-out dumpster treasure: single serve packets of what I can look back now and say was Wuyi yancha. Yes, I drank dumpstered tea and honestly, that’s what blew the doors wide open.

Preference Reference

89-80: Fits my profile well enough to buy again. Some could be great daily drinkers.

59-1: Lacking several elements, strangely clunky, possesses off flavors/aroma/texture or something about it makes me not want to finish.

Character Rundown:

Boring pandemic hermit whose only current hobbies besides tasting tea are skateboarding and learning herbalism. Will update as the times change.

Sonoma County, California, USA