Alright! Penultimate tea from Cameron.

Kiki incoming.

“Oh? Ohhhh it tastes like Maypo. Unbelivable. The commercial with a little coybow, the baby that the arm of the father… the spoon, the airplane, the father was feeding the baby who said ‘I want my Maypo.’ You know, I searched for Maypo, you know I went to all the mom and pop shops with all those grungy things on their shelves, but I finally found it at the Safeway by Jim’s over there but it was called something else before. You know I opened the box and I though it smelled like heaven. I bought all the boxes they had and then I burned out on it. I figured I was getting too fat on it. This tea is really unbelievable.

‘I Want My Maypo.’ Let me try another sip. Oh, I dropped some on the cat. Oh, I keep burping up the flavor. I give it an 8."

I guess Maypo is a breakfast cereal from Kiki’s generation. She loves this tea and wants me to buy more.

Jacques sitting at the table with us thinks it smells like Aunt Jemima. He’d give it a 1 because the smell is the epitome of processed foods.

Cameron B.

I’ve never heard of Maypo, but now I want to try it ha ha.

gmathis

Maypo is oatmeal, I believe.

tea-sipper

Yeah! Kiki: another fan of the great Apple Cinnamon French Toast. :D

Comments

Cameron B.

I’ve never heard of Maypo, but now I want to try it ha ha.

gmathis

Maypo is oatmeal, I believe.

tea-sipper

Yeah! Kiki: another fan of the great Apple Cinnamon French Toast. :D

Tea became a hobby and my daily drink of choice some time late in the last decade. My introduction to loose leaf came in the form of dumpster-dived Wuyi oolong packets that somebody left upon moving out of an apartment building. From there, my palate expanded to teas from across China and the world. I used to focus more on taste and still harbor the habit, but after trying sheng pu’er, I tend to focus more on how a tea feels in my body. Does it complement my constitution? Does it change my mood or does it enhance my current mindstate? While I may not mention those effects in tea notes, it is what I value most. Flavored teas are not a favorite but I do drink them intermittently.

Sonoma County, California, USA