drank Ryokucha by Samovar

I’m not the biggest fan of brown rice teas. But when I can across this unique sencha/brown rice tossed with matcha blend, I knew I’d instantly enjoy this. Made it a little on the weak side this morning, as I was rushing to get to work as always. I did manage to enjoy my 25 second steep with Brandon in bed tho. Felt like I had been up for hours on my way to work. I’m very particular with what tools I use to steep this tea, so it makes it rather difficult to enjoy it at work. What to drink now…

I have bounced between tea and coffee for years now. When I’m involved with one, I dive into the flavors and am constantly on the hunt for the smoothest brew. My first real love affair with tea was the traditional english way. In my mid 20s I dove head first into Greens and Oolongs and Pu-erhs. My most recent loves are Blacks, mainly because I’m trying to kick a coffee habit that snuck up on me. Having a kid did that to me. Moving forward I’m looking to rekindle my love for tea and save coffee for the occasional cup.

San Francisco, CA