I did a swap for a few oolongs, dong dings especially, with Amy oh a few weeks ago, and she offered to throw in a sample of this tea in the package. I of course said yes, and then almost immediately after she put the package in the mail Teavivre said they would be including it in my next round of samples. This one happens to be the sample pouch that Amy sent, so thank you so much again for it. I’ve had two other dong dings… one from thepuriTea (unroasted) and one from Naivetea (a bit roasted). This one is definitely unroasted, so I’m expecting it to be more similar to thepuriTea’s.

Mm, I really like the scent of this one when it’s all steeped up. Very floral, a little buttery. The flavor is quite nice, but more vegetal and less buttery than the aroma suggests. Still floral and smooth, and definitely a lovely tea to drink. It’s got a hint of that green-oolong astringency that “cleans” your palate. It lacks that faint lingering sweetness that really sells a tea for me, but that’s ok because it’s still overall a very tasty tea.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US