drank Boston Blend by Harney & Sons
1989 tasting notes

This tea may be called Boston, but I swear it just walked out of a plane from Paris. That flavor profile is just so similar to Coquelicot Gourmand from Dammann Freres, except this one has cranberries and lacks florals. The cranberries are sweet and tart, and they make a perfect pairing with that almond. And that almond! That, of course, is what makes the tea seem french, because it’s that almond-biscuit-macaron flavor, which is so totally different than “almond cookie” teas in the states. I am a big, big fan of this tea.

ashmanra

Agreed! I love this blend. The daughter who gave me Coquelicot Gourmand for Christmas has ordered more Dammann Freres for my birthday but had it shipped to Nothern Ireland since it was cheaper and she will be there before my birthday. Now her boyfriend wants to open the package “just to sniff it” but he is afraid he will drink it! LOL!

Dinosara

Haha, yeah sniffing can be dangerous! They do smell so good. It’s totally awesome that you’re daughter is able to work out the shipping like that! Do you know what you’re getting, or is it a surprise?

ashmanra

It is a surprise because she asked me for the name of some that I liked or would like to try and then she says she closed her eyes and pointed at the computer and ordered whatever her finger landed on! LOL! I am thinking it was either Thè de Cigalés or their puerh.

Comments

ashmanra

Dinosara

ashmanra

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
89-86: I really really like these teas and will keep most of them in the permanent collection, but they’re not quite as spectacular as the top category
85-80: Pretty tasty teas that I enjoy well enough, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US