I added a sample of this tea with my last order from the Tea Spot, because why not? I’m always interested in various tieguanyins; you never know when a good one is going to unexpectly pop up somewhere.

The leaves of this one are somewhat loosely rolled and they don’t smell super inspiring, just green, genericly tea-ish, and a bit floral. Steeped up the leaves really wake up and become interesting. There are a lot more magnolia-ish floral notes here, as well as some buttery undertones. The flavor is pretty vegetal with a nice floral overtone to it. A pleasant tea to drink, but it pales in comparsion to some of the TGY’s I’ve had the fortune to try.