drank Rose Tieguanyin by Custom

I feel like death warmed over this morning. I immediately caught some cold the first day I was in China, and it’s not improving so far. The fact that I don’t have easy access to western medicines I would normally turn to (omg I would kill for a cough drop) isn’t helping. Yes, there are places that sell western medicines, but there aren’t any around me and I don’t have the time or energy to go off looking for them. And it’s not like I can just waltz into a Chinese pharmacy and ask for cough medicine because I speak next to no Chinese. Trying to do that to find a decongestant got me some nasal allergy spray which is helping some but not exactly what I wanted.

Anyway, a cup of hot tea is helping a bit and I’ll probably try to go to the grocery store again and look for some others with some helping herbs. This tea isn’t as rosy today, or maybe I just can’t tell.

Azzrian

Would be an excellent time to seek some eastern remedies which I prefer anyway :)
Go in point to your throat and see what they hand over. It has to suck big time being sick on vacation though! So sorry.

ashmanra

My oldst just left Budapest to go to Northern Ireland and she is in the same shape! She thinks they got overtired traveling and trying to see so much so fast. The happy news is that is buying tea for me everywhere she goes….local things mostly that we can’t get here in the states! :)

ashmanra

You could try a saline nasal rinse if you can get some non-iodized salt to mix n warm water. Maybe that would help? I hope your tea soothes your throat!

Birdman

Ashmanra is right about the rinse. It will make a huge difference. I’m sure you can’t be too far from a neti pot retailer. Or if you’re really desperate, use your tea kettle? Just don’t post any tasting notes…lol. Hope you feel better!

Dinosara

Thanks for the thoughts, all. My stuffy nose is on it’s way out already, but I now seem to have contracted a bad case of “Beijing cough” due to the extreme dryness and pollution in the air. I don’t have anything against trying Eastern medicines, but without speaking any chinese I don’t want to risk taking something without knowing what it is. I did pick up some new tea additives today, though, so I am looking forward to trying new blends.

Amariel

Buy an onion and some honey…peel the onion and put some in a bowl, add some honey and keep layering the two. Let it sit overnight and about a cup of cough syrup should be there. I’ve not tried this myself, but I have have tried garlic and honey, and whoa…this should be a bit gentler on the palate I think.

Comments

Azzrian

Birdman

Dinosara

Amariel

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US