Oh taro milk tea, you really are the best. In all the grocery stores I’ve been to around Beijing, I’ve only ever found it in the one inside Xidan Joy City, a big mall. I go past it on occasion, but not very often. Thus I haven’t had this in a while and I forgot how delicious it is. I wish taro was more common as a flavoring in the states!

MegWesley

What does taro taste like?

Dinosara

I always think of it as a little almondy, but not suuuper almondy. Haha, it’s hard to describe. Once I identify something as a particular taste it’s hard for me to break it down in terms others might understand.

MegWesley

That is interesting. In my bubble tea search last night I found places that sell taro powder to use as flavoring for it. I might have to put it on my list of tea stuff to try.

Dinosara

That taro powder is pretty much exactly the flavor of taro milk teas. I have a box of it at home and I love it!

Comments

MegWesley

What does taro taste like?

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US