drank Himbeere-Zitrone by Milford

Tonight I headed to a German cafe that is near my hostel in UB to get some work done and have a light dinner. I decided to have a pot of tea in the late afternoon before dinner, and I chose this one out of the tea box based on the recommendation of my waitress. I knew it was a fruit tea and I decided if I was going to have a tea bag I would at least have something that wouldn’t matter so much if it was fine pieces.

It certainly smells like sweet raspberry and bright lemon, and it brewed up a bright, ruby red. I suppose I should have known there was hibiscus in it, but I didn’t think about it. According to the google-translated ingredients, it has both hibiscus and rosehips, so a double dose of tart. As such I dumped the little tube of sugar provided right into the pot. I happen to love hibiscus, as long as it’s sweetened. I could maybe go for a little more sugar for the whole pot, but on the whole it is nice. Tart, slightly sweet, with a nice raspberry flavor. I feel like the tartness of the hibiscus kind of melds with the tartness of the lemon, so I can’t quite pick that one out. Teas like this are definitely something I enjoy as long as they’re sweet enough!

Jillian

I’ll have to make sure to send all my hibiscus teas your way in the future. *shudders * ;P

Indigobloom

I love raspberry tea! good ones are hard to find

Comments

Jillian

Indigobloom

I love raspberry tea! good ones are hard to find

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US