drank Chance Combinations by Custom
1917 tasting notes

1.5tsp Passion Fruit Black by thepuriTea, 0.5tsp Organic Chocolate “O” by The Tea Spot

A while ago there was a thread in the discussions about interesting flavor combinations we wanted to see in teas, and someone mentioned passion fruit and chocolate. I knew I had to try it! And now I am finally getting around to a first go at it. I use a perfect teaspoon to measure my tea (1.5 actual tsp), but I have a 12oz cup so I usually measure out one perfect teaspoon, then somewhere around a half a perfect teaspoon to approximate 2tsp of actual tea. For blends, then, it’s difficult to do an even fifty-fifty, and so I had to decide whether I wanted more chocolate, or more passion fruit? In the end I went for more passion fruit, like eating a passion fruit tart with a drizzle of chocolate on top. My favorite chocolate tea was a no-brainer for this, as was this passion fruit black from thepuriTea, which is the best passion fruit black I’ve tried.

The tea smells mostly like passion fruit, perhaps with a particularly chocolatey black tea base. That’s really what I get most out of the taste as well… really it tastes like delicious passion fruit tea, and then maybe a hint of chocolate but it’s faint enough that it seems like an aspect of the base instead of an actual flavor. Pretty tasty, but I want more chocolate in this! The flavor combination is nice enough but not necessarily something I will seek out in the future. Maybe if the blend was a little more even, I guess.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US