Inspired by SimplyJenW, I am attempting my own Sample Reduction Plan because I really need to reduce the size of my stash. I have a whole drawer of pretty much nothing but samples, and it’s kind of out of control. So I am happy to be able to throw away the pouch that once contained my sample of this tea. I suppose I should have waited until I got my gongfu setup up and running, since that was my plan with most of the reminiants of the oolong samples in my stash, but I didn’t think of that until just now. Oh well!

Nevertheless, this tea still impresses me. It’s a Jin Xuan, meaning it’s an unflavored “milk” oolong, and you can definitely see the resemblance here. Jin Xuans can be pretty hit-or-miss for me, but this one is a hit since it’s light, floral and almost fruity, and then also has richer, buttery, honey-ish notes to it. Very lovely.

ScottTeaMan

When I “liked” this, there were zero likes. KS-you beat me to it! HAHA

K S

Woo Hoo! I win!

Angrboda

I think I’ll join you. I’ve got a fair few myself, and some of them are getting embarrasingly old.

Dinosara

I think there is a spring cleaning fever hitting Steepster!

Comments

ScottTeaMan

When I “liked” this, there were zero likes. KS-you beat me to it! HAHA

K S

Woo Hoo! I win!

Angrboda

Dinosara

I think there is a spring cleaning fever hitting Steepster!

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US