This tea came up in the comments on another tea by The Tea Spot, which of course made me crave it this morning. I was glancing through the tasting notes on this tea and someone mentioned a chocolate rose tea, and suddenly I wanted my fabulous chocolatey tea to be rosey as well. I had already portioned out my leaf but hadn’t poured my water, so I was considering just removing a small amount of the leaf and replacing it with a little rose black tea from my rapidly dwindling stash of that sort of tea, but I didn’t want to taint the high quality base on this with a lesser black tea. Then I remembered my rose buds from China… a package of potent, magenta buds I picked up at a tea shop in Beijing, and used to add rose flavor to oolongs and such while I was there. I dropped in a generous helping of buds and steeped as usual.

The steeped tea smells deliciously chocolatey as usual, with a hint of rose. That’s how the flavor plays out as well; I could have used some more rose, but I think the buds were a little overwhelmed by a black tea. What’s there is lovely, though… it is rose in an earthy, rough, whole-plant way, not a frilly perfumy way, and it works really well with the chocolate.

The Purrfect Cup

This sounds amazing!

Bonnie

I liked chocolate ‘O’ too.

Ellyn

What a great combination!

Nik

Ohhhh…this sounds sooo goood…

Terri HarpLady

In consolation for feeling crappy, I’ve been lurking at the tea spot’s website this morning, piecing together an order that includes chocolate o, more bolder breakfast, & a bunch of samples.

Comments

The Purrfect Cup

This sounds amazing!

Bonnie

I liked chocolate ‘O’ too.

Ellyn

What a great combination!

Nik

Ohhhh…this sounds sooo goood…

Terri HarpLady

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US