I am revisiting this tea for the first time in a while. I would like to bust through some of my older Dammann Frères teas so that I can possibly make an order from them… there are so many of their teas I want to try.

This one I have the least left of all of them. It really does remind me of Harney’s Florence, though I would have to taste them back to back to really remind myself of that because I haven’t had Florence in a long time. It’s lightly chocolatey and very nutty, with the barest hint of orange to it. When it was warmer it was a touch sweet in the aftertaste, though this seems to have faded and it is more astringent when cooled. Really quite a tasty tea, though not quite as spectacular as my other favorite DF teas.

Terri HarpLady

I have yet to try any of Dammann Freres teas, although I’ve drooled over their website a bit ;)

momo

I am tempted when the tea boxes are over to see if a bunch of people would like to place a single order with them. So many I want, and the ones you can get in Sur La Table are not them.

Dinosara

DF are one if my favorite tea companies, and I was just thinking how I would like to split an order because they only sell tea in 100g or more, and that’s a bit too much for me at one time.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

momo

Dinosara

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US