drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

Thanks to Faith for including this one in a recent swap. I don’t drink a ton of DavidsTeas, but occasionally there is a flavor I get curious about. I love salted caramels, so this was definitely one of them, though I don’t know what coconut is doing in there. Salted Coconut Caramel?

I smell the coconut in the steeped tea, and it smells a bit like some of the chocolate-coconut blends I’ve had, though only with a faint chocolate and with more of a caramelly background, which makes sense.

Well this is pretty tasty overall. Caramelly, coconutty, with a hint of savory to it, which must be due to the salt. Ooh I just got a sip with a lot of burnt-sugar caramel to it, which was delightful. I have also come to realize that although I love coconut in general, I often am not the biggest fan of it in black tea blends (though I often love it in whites or greens). Dunno why. This does have a bit more coconut in it than I would prefer. Why is coconut necessary in a caramel tea? It’s just weird to me. Still, this is pretty tasty despite it, and I am glad I got a chance to try it.

CHAroma

I didn’t even realize this had coconut in it till I read your review. LOL! Now I wonder how I missed it! :P

Comments

CHAroma

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US