drank Blue Lady by Culinary Teas

This is another tea sample that comes to me thanks to Alphakitty. I was intrigued by the flavor combination in this one: passion fruit, orange, grapefruit, and grenadine. Sounds pretty interesting!

The steeped tea definitely smells very citrusy, perhaps predominantly grapefruit. It’s actually really weird for me to try a “citrusy” tea without bergamot in it! But anyway, I definitely catch the grenadine in the aroma too, all dark and pomegranatey. And yes, some passion fruit as well. This is suddenly reminding me of a fruity, girly beach drink like a tequila sunrise. The taste is predominantly citrusy, quite grapefruity, with some nice tropical flavors backing it up. As it cools it gets a little astringent, but it almost works because that’s basically what a grapefruit does to your mouth anyway. Overall a pretty tasty tea, though probably not one I would pick up more of.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US