drank Chestnut Green Tea by Lupicia

I drank this one earlier today while doing some work. I wanted to try this one (and once again, Alphakitty was willing to oblige… thanks so much!) because I love nutty flavored things and nutty flavored teas. I wasn’t totally sure about chestnut because I didn’t grow up eating roasted chestnuts or anything so I am not super familiar with the taste of them. I do love chestnut-filled mochi that I buy at the asian grocer, so I figured that there would be a good chance I would like this.

To me, this is like you took some of the buttery, nutty, and what I call cookie-ish notes that are naturally present in some awesome straight green teas and turned them up to 11. I was never able to properly identify those notes in those teas, but now I know they are chestnut notes. I would assume that the base teas contain some of these notes to start, but they have just added to them in such a way that it makes it seem like it is totally natural. Really, quite a delicious tea and one that I could definitely see getting more of.

TeaBrat

oooh, I may need to try this next time I go to the Lupicia store. :)

Azzrian

I would go crazy in a Lupicia store! LOL

Alphakitty

This is one of my favorite holiday teas, it’s candy-sweet but somehow light enough to have multiple cups of.

Comments

TeaBrat

oooh, I may need to try this next time I go to the Lupicia store. :)

Azzrian

I would go crazy in a Lupicia store! LOL

Alphakitty

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US