I am using up the last of my sample for this cup, and I am somewhat sad to see it go. I wouldn’t have expected to enjoy a blend of these ingredients (peppermint? chamomile? chocolate?), but I really do. I didn’t really have quite enough actual tea left in my sample for a cup, so I threw in an extra pinch of Laoshan Black.

Today I really need the calming yet awakening properties of this tea. Dissertation committee meeting this afternoon, and I already know it’s going to go poorly (I mean, it’s a committee meeting, they never go well). I steeped this up and I am just sitting here next to it, waiting for it to cool enough for me to drink it, and I started smelling wafts of what smelled a lot like amaretto. Wuh? No, just the notes of this tea combining in an intriguing way.

Very tasty, and I am consistantly getting those amaretto notes in the aroma this time around, but not in the flavor. The flavor is all lovely Laoshan black with additions. Man I love Verdant’s blends.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US