drank Momoko by Lupicia

I received this in my New Year Happy Bag. This is a tea I would probably never order on my own, as I am not super usually taken with peach tea. Not that I dislike it, but I don’t crave it or anything. I was surprised to see little crystals—sugar?—in the tea, but they are pretty subtle so I suppose I’ll give it a pass. The dry leaf was very pretty and it smelled very peachy and floral.

Brewed, the aroma reminds me of some of the other flavored green teas I’ve had, in a favorable way. I think it’s that fruity and floral combination. The flavor is definitely predominantly peach, with some rosy floral notes and a vanilla that smooths everything over. I can see how people get candy from this, but to me it’s not really quite candy-ish (possibly because I haven’t had a lot of peach candy). The vanilla does prevent much of a sweet fresh peach flavor, but it works well. The green tea kind of innocuously sits in the background, providing some green freshness to cut through the candy.

I am realizing that my taste in flavored greens seems to be narrowing. It’s not that I dislike fruity greens, but they don’t really speak to me right now. I think I would really love this one if it was on an oolong base.

In my free time I am a birder, baker, and music/movie/tv addict.

Here are my rating categories, FYI:
100-90: I’m in LOVE with these teas.
84-80: Tasty teas that I enjoy, but definitely won’t rebuy when I run out.
49 and below: Mega yuck. This tea is just disgusting to me.

Ohio, US